Four year old Madeleine McCann went missing from an appartment in Praia du Luz almost one year ago. Despite a high profile media camapaign the little girl remaims missing. The first anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann has been marked with a two-hour television documentary on ITV. The British press have been foolowing the story with relish but I am concerned that the parents have not at least been made accountible for leaving the children alone that night whhilst they went out with friends for dinner. The Times reports "The couple admit in a TV documentary tonight that they talked about not going to the tapas restaurant in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on the night of May 3 last year, and considered instead taking their children with them to another restaurant called the Millennium, further away. They rejected the idea only because the children were tired and they did not have a buggy, they said" As seemingly intelligent parents of 3 young children surely an essential item to take on holiday would be a buggy. If the parents of a four year old girl living on a sink estate in Britian left the child alone to go to a party down the road and returned to find the child missing there would be a different media reaction I am sure. A visit to the Pope would probably be unlikely and I can not see David Beckham making an appeal for her retuen. Whilst I do not condone trial by media I do think that the tabloids have glossed over the reality of the situation. Now one year on when all the papers are focusing again on the story why have the McCanns not taken every opportunity to concentrate on the search for their daughter instead of discussing how they feel and how it is affected them? The most important priority should remain the safe return of their daughter and not complaining about the treatment received by some areas of the media.
Global Voices Online » Palestine
- ► 2009 (46)
- BBC NEWS | Technology | Web users 'getting more se...
- BBC NEWS | Technology | Web worlds 'useful' for ch...
- Israel and the War on Terror
- BBC NEWS | World | Africa | Violence spreads in Jo...
- Daniel Estulin : Noticias :: Ver Noticia
- BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Inside the secretive...
- Britain is focal point for terrorism, warns Europe...
- Funny Bush Moments
- Bush Visits Israel - What The Hell For?
- Unprecedented Media Spin - Who sets the agenda fo...
- 63 Signs You’re Addicted To Google
- Reuters : Bearing Witness 5 Years of the Iraq War
- Rain lashes Myanmar
- Stock Waves: Citizen Photo Journalists Are Changin...
- At least 8 533 dead in China earthquake
- Earthquake shakes cities from Beijing to Bangkok -...
- Burma - Cyclone in Pictures
- Keeping a lid on Burma's chaos
- Man complains after beer makes him drunk
- Latest form of green tranport
- Introduction to e-petitions
- 'We are living in a combat zone' - Middle East - I...
- Blockade puts Gaza on brink of serious food crisis...
- Boris Johnson is the new Mayor of London.
- Blogger exposes life on the Underground
- Electronic Frontier Foundation | Defending Freedom...
- Wikileaks - Wikileaks
- Madeline McCann Media hype goes on
- ▼ May (28)